Monday, June 30, 2008

Rock Climbing in S Africa


Yesterday I went rock climbing. It's the first time in over a year that I've felt the heat of the rock, the soreness and stiffness of arms, the freedom of heights, the wonderful company of other climbers and so much Peace. It was an incredible day filled with so much sunshine, good company and also great food. After climbing & hiking around for the whole afternoon we enjoyed the company of many folks from around the world at the Oldenburg Lodge & Game Park (where the incredible rock climbing was). We sat in front of a huge fireplace surrounded by people, dogs and we wolfed down delicious hamburgers the size of large plates :). Then back to Lesotho (a 20 min drive) on a star filled night. It was an amazing day!






A little Disturbing photo of me Belaying Sean and Adam backing me up so I don't fly up the wall if Adam took a "Zinger".


Sean is 6'9" and was trying to show me a "great bouldering route" I'm 5'1" and it was a little challenging/impossible following his lead.


I took this photo of Kjessie and I was feeling exactly the same way...


Thanks Sean for letting us borrow your gear and for taking out on the rock!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam, you realize I am living vicariously through you right? :)