Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Organic Gardening


I love working in my garden. I'm often working in the rich, red soil as the sun is cresting over the peaks above my home. The lighting is always amazing as the mountains change from grey, to pink, to orange and then brilliant green. Recently the fresh crisp fall air has been my source of early morning energy. It's a great way to start a new day and I'm always at peace when I squish my toes into the cool earth and tend to my many plots of fresh vegetables.


This year I've grown tomatoes (cherry & large), cabbage, spinach, swiss chard, yellow onions, red onions, leeks, carrots, sweet corn, green beans, radishes, cucumbers, sweet peas, squash (gem, zuchini, butternut), pumpkin, lettuce, potatoes, basil & cilantro.


It's so amazing and wonderful to just run out to my garden and fill my bucket full of fresh vegetables to eat or share.


5 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Pam!
Excellent post.

Megan K. said...

Hi Pam! I love your pictures- all of them :-) Not that you really need any because your posts are so very descriptive. Definitely very entertaining. So, I saw that you're from Idaho- My dad lives in Boise actually and he got very excited when he randomly found your blog online. Can't wait to meet everyone in June! Less than 3 months and there's still so much preparation to do. If you have any last minute suggestions, feel free to send them this way :-)

AndreaandWill said...

Pam:
I was talking with Erin Howard yesterday and she said she worked with you at NRS back in the day! I'm so excited you have a blog about your peace corps experience! My name is Andrea and my husband and I are scheduled to leave for the Peace Corps in July to the Caribbean- I just think it's great we're both from Idaho- I would like to keep in touch and follow your adventures to see how they're the same and how they're different!

AndreaandWill said...

Pam:
I was talking with Erin Howard yesterday and she said she worked with you at NRS back in the day! I'm so excited you have a blog about your peace corps experience! My name is Andrea and my husband and I are scheduled to leave for the Peace Corps in July to the Caribbean- I just think it's great we're both from Idaho- I would like to keep in touch and follow your adventures to see how they're the same and how they're different!

dennetmint said...

yay pam! your vegetables look delicious!